Apple Curry Quinoa Salad
This salad packs a flavorful punch with a curry vinaigrette, freshly sliced apple, and salty cashews over a bed of fresh greens and red quinoa.
- 1 Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 Apple, your favorite kind, sliced thin
- 2 cups Greens such as Spinach or Spring Mix
- 1 cup Red Quionoa, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews, halved
Dressing (Makes enough for 4 salads)
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prepare quinoa according to package. Peel and shred carrots. Quarter, core, and slice apples. Mix with greens, parsley cashews, and quinoa.
Add all dressing ingredients to a shaker or jar. Shake until blended. Pour on salad to taste. Recipe makes enough dressing for three salads.